The Book of Revelation Chapters 21 & 22.
Chapter twenty-one provides insight into the eternal state following the Millennium and the final judgment. It is an amazing portrait of what God has prepared for the redeemed... the new heaven and new earth.
a. The Means Are Perfect - vs.12,14
b. The Measurements Are Perfect - vs.15,17
c. The Materials Are Perfect - vs.18,21
d. The Majesty Is Perfect - vs.22,27
1. There will be no sanctuary in heaven - vs.22 No need for sense of safety.
2. There will be no shadows in heaven - vs.23
3. There will be no secrets in heaven - vs.24
4. There will be no shame there - vs.25,27
The theme of God's Word is Jesus Christ Crucified, God Satisfied, The Believing Sinner Justified... Thus God is Glorified. The glory of God is the eternal substance of heaven.
We Are Ready To Help!
Book of Revelation Chapter Twenty 22 conclusion...
Chapter twenty-two depicts life in full glory in the new and eternal state of heaven and earth. It concludes with a stern warning about the treatment of God's Word in the present. While chapter twenty-two is out of this world... it ends by bringing us back down to earth and the call to believe and obey the Word of God. The anticipation of the new heaven and new earth are not to be our ultimate focus... it is the Lord Jesus Christ and his Word.
a. The Purity of Heaven - vs.1,2 ...a pure river...
b. The Surety of Heaven - vs.3 ...and there shall be no more curse, but the throne of God...
c. The Serenity of Heaven - vs.4 ...and they shall see his face...
d. The Eternity of Heaven - vs.5 ...shall reign for ever and ever.
a. The Affirmation of God's Word - vs.6
1. Inspired By God - vs.6 ...God of the holy prophets...
2. Required By God - vs.7 ...keep the sayings...
b. The Acknowledgment of God's Work - vs.8,17
1. The Instruction for true worship - vs.8,9
2. The Identity of true worshipers - vs.10,11
Note: True worshipers acknowledge the Word of God - vs.10
Note: True worshipers accommodate the Work of God - vs.11
III. A Conclusion That Constrains - vs.18-21
a. Don't Add To The Word Of God - vs.18 Why We Should Not Add To The Word Of God?
1. The Authenticity Is Real - vs.18a ...this words...
2. The Autonomy Is Reliable - vs.18b ...this book...
Note: The Bible Is Independent of means for Inspiration and Preservation.
b. Don't Take Away From The Word of God - vs.19 What We Are Not To Take Away?
1. The Certainty - vs.19a ...the book...
2. The Clarity - vs.19b ...this prophecy...
a To Be Hopeful- vs.20 ...Surely I come...
b. To Be Helpful - vs.21
1. To Be Helpful, We Must Grow In Grace - vs.20a ...The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ...
2. To Be Helpful, We Must Show Grace - vs.20b ...be with you all.
The Book of Revelation is nothing short of amazing. Yet, as we observe chapter after chapter, we come away knowing there is nothing more important to a believer who has been set free from the bondage of sin than that of fellowship with the living Savior. Why? Because Jesus Christ is a great, gracious, and wonderful Savior and friend. Amen!
Sincerely, Dr. Arthur Belanger
B I B L E
COLLEGE OF THE OPEN BIBLE
Call Us. (864) 607-5200
College of The Open Bible - 330 East Coffee Street - Greenville, South Carolina 29601 - Copyright © All rights reserved.